Senior Year BtSN

The only picture taken at Back to School Night...
I should give photo credit to my friend Karen.  Who, by the way I have known since Liam's 1st day of Kindergarten!  We bonded over being mothers to only-children and being the last two moms out the door the first day of school; strangers holding hands and sharing tissues, leaving our babies for the first time.  And now here we are, full circle, our kiddos in their last year of class together. Hard to believe....

Dry your eyes.

Let's take a minute to talk about Ceramics. 

This is not what I was expecting. 

Liam got placed in this class, not by choice.  When he tried to change his schedule, the counselor told him the only other available elective that period was Child Care. 

My response to that was a set of very unladylike words, all used together in one sentence.  

I almost let him drop an advanced class to switch things around in his schedule so he could avoid Ceramics. Which goes to show how highly I thought of this particular discipline. *clears throat* 

Let me just say, for the record, I was wrong. 

After Liam's first day in the class, he said he would stay.  Meanwhile, I was still hanging out in Camp Couldn't be Crankier thinking of creative ways to end the never helpful "counselor" (Okay, I'm still slightly bitter).  

Fast forward to tonight, Back to School Night, and getting a tour of the ceramics facility. I've had a change of heart...wow, just wow.  I'm crazy impressed!  This has the potential to be a great class. 

I can't wait to see the fruits of this labor...though, I AM keeping my fingers crossed for a latte mug to add to my collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment