More Coffee Talk


With every shot pull we get closer and closer to perfection.
Look at that crema!

Adjusting the grinder, as well as, weighing the grounds contribute to the crema consistency and therefore the final taste outcome. 
 
If the grounds are too fine and the pull exceeds time, it will have a bitter, burnt taste or if the grounds are overly coarse and it pulls too fast, the results will be watery and a little bit sour.
Oh, the pressure!
Also, we had a small delivery; a couple items the good Dr ordered online.  This time from Espresso Parts.

1 - A new frothing pitcher, which  will allow "us" to practice our latte art.  Notice the pointy spout?  Our current pitcher has a plain ole round spout.  You can't make latte hearts for your lovely wife with that.

2 - A new tamper head.  We like our current tamper but it's for a 55 mm portafilter basket (the dear departed Francis Francis).  Luckily, we have the tamper with an interchangeable head.  So it was just a matter of ordering the larger size to fit our new portafilters.

 

In my free time, I am watching videos from Seattle Coffee Gear.  Perhaps, I've seen them one to many times, since I've come to consider Pat and Gail to be dear friends...

This infographic explains it all...
How to Pull a Perfect Shot of Espresso

 
January 25, 2013

2 comments:

  1. I would offer to teach you how to make a lovely rosetta in your coffee cup (it's all in the wrist!) but I do fear that ship has sailed.. and I'm not quite sure if it's the same as riding a bike, which, let's face it, I've never been very good at that either... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm depending on you to give us latte art lessons. So, best start practicing.

      Delete