A Day of Tank-fullness

First off, the electricians came today!

Serious rejoicing over here.  

So glad to finally be moving forward with the game room addition.  

No ground has been broken, but having the electricians upgrade our ancient electrical panel was step one.

I knew the power would be off today...what I did not consider was the insane amount of housing shaking demolition which would be required to
1. remove the old electrical panel and 2. make room for the new, larger electrical panel...


Tank the Chihuahua, was a shaking mess!  

He was trying everything in his power to get away from the loud banging.  

His strategy consisted of sitting in my lap while shaking in fear, then standing up, turning in hurried circles while shaking and then sitting  down again....over and over and over again.  

I swear his left eye was twitching when I snapped this photo:

I would have left the house completely, but they needed to come in a few times and check on...some stuff.

Around 11am I decided what I really needed to get through the rest of the day were a few shots of espresso and Tank desperately needed an outing.  

If only I had video of his transformation from pathetic, scarredy cat to Mr. Muy Loco when he saw I grabbed the leash and harness. 

I could see in his eyes he was screaming "We're leaving?! Thank the Lord!!  Get me out of here!"  He may have been doing cartwheels, it was hard to tell.

The 7 minute car ride felt like an eternity since I didn't bring his kennel and he couldn't hold still to save his life.  

He was dashing back and forth between the two front seats gazing out the windows, like a junkie looking for his next hit.  

He would only sit still if he was in my lap, preferably with his hands on the armrest like in the picture above, or with his paws on the STEERING WHEEL.

Stop the madness!

Finally, at our zen like destination, The OC Mart Mix, home to Portola Coffee Lab.

Sweet Relief!

Also, he didn't bark at anyone!  Who is this impostor?!

My Instagram post for the next picture was "Some dogs get a water bowl"
Don't worry I didn't let him have any of my latte.  He would have had a drink if I would have allowed him, but trust me, he did not need the caffeine!

I only let him hang his head out the window when driving through our neighborhood, going far slower than 25 miles per hour.  

Look how far he leans out!  Daredevil.

Rett got home from school.  Kisses, kisses.  

Finally, someone to distract Tank from the day of insanity.   

Wait till the all the crazy construction begins.  Oh the chaos.  Who would like to have an over night guest?  I promise he is no trouble at all...

March 19, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment