Picture Storage Problems

Technically, this is two problems, but both are picture related.  Cousin Jen, texted me the other day to ask how I'm storing pictures and snapped this photo.  As you can see, some are vintage.  Meaning I don't have duplicates, or the roll of film they came on.  

For my oldest, many times school assignments require childhood pictures.  

When the 7 year old gets to that point we're going to have to print they off the computer; two totally different eras.

Is it worth converting the film I do have to digital? (film/aps prior to June 2002)  

The summer after Liam's kindergarten year is when we got our digital camera.

Back before pictures were digital I put them in photo albums.  See below.  Should I scan these in instead?? or worse yet, in addition to??

Funny enough, when I first started putting these family photo albums together, in 1996, I imagined having lots of children. 

I briefly wondered what to do about the dilemma of my children having to *gasp* share them.  

Clearly, that problem has solved itself, since our boys ended up being 9 years apart, none of these 10 albums include pictures of Rett...he wasn't born yet.  

These are all the Liam era; could I get away with moving them to his room?

Now, last question.  What to do when Rett starts needing pictures for school assignments.  

Do I print them out as needed? If so I'll have to stock up on color printer ink. 

Do I choose the ones I like and get it all done in one foul swoop via Costco?  I do love the ease of just telling Liam to look in the picture box for what he needs.

Option three, but this will have to be our little secret:
Do I just pass of baby pictures of Liam as Rett??  Oh, you and your brother looked SO much alike as babies!


Okay, my counting sucks, that was way more than two problems.

February 26, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment