Poplite

I have had popcorn on the brain for months.

A colorful Cuisinart Popcorn Popper was almost purchased back in December, but then we bought ALL those items for pizza making.  So it was once again, put on hold.

One of the blogs I follow lists popcorn as a dinner item on a weekly basis.  The reluctant cook in me is super tempted by that.

Then, a few days ago, my fitness guru/healthy eating friend, Jennifer, served us popcorn at her house.  She has a fancy Cuisinart, but she sent it to their vacation house, because she prefers this inexpensive PopLite, which doesn't require any oil.  So yummy!  

I picked one up at Ralph's grocery store for $25, the one from Sur La Table would have been twice that much...sold!



My in-laws gave us this Pier 1 popcorn bowl as a gift over the summer.  It is the perfect height for the PopLite; a match made in heaven.
As a side-note, this is my only non-grocery purchase this month...yes, miracles still happen.  No clothing, no shoes, no Target $1 bin, no trinkets for the kids, no trips to Home Goods....Saving up for that big addition is way harder than I first imagined.  

In the vein of conjuring up cheap entertainment, we will be trying out any and all popcorn related recipes, as well as, doing a taste test between white and yellow popcorn.  Is one better than the other??

Let the corn education commence!
February 17, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment